Skills, qualities and traits of a good carer

The skills, qualities, traits, aptitudes – or however they are or you call them – of a good carer are –
or should be – loads and I'll do my best to list as many as possible. 

You must have thought that the only things I was going to post on this blog were pictures of food. 
Can't blame you. After six or seven consecutive posts about and with amazing meals, I was fouled too. 
The truth is that cooking is one of my strongest suits. 
🤔
Modesty is another one. 
😆😅

However, it might be hard to believe, but I am a writer and I love writing. For reasons that you might perceive, a carer doesn't have much time to write. 

The following is a list of some of the skills (traits, aptitudes, strengths, qualities, virtues etc.)  that any person who cares for someone vulnerable should possess. 
The adjectives and verbs are in no particular order, but I tried to group them. Sort of. 

Group them based on what? 
'No idea.' 
That's how someone I know replies to everything.  
  • Compassionate
  • Kind
  • Caring
  • Empathetic
  • Understanding
  • Great listener
  • Open-minded
  • Respectful
  • Patient
  • Sensitive
  • Friendly
  • Responsive
  • Communicative
  • Great sense of humour 
  • Engaging 
  • Creative
  • Practical
  • Organised
  • Observant
  • Quick-witted
  • Perceptive
  • Sensible
  • Resilient
  • Emotionally stable 
  • Sunny or positive
  • Reliable
  • Trustworthy 
  • Flexible 
The inventory could continue. If you have one to add to this catalogue, please leave a comment. 

Which one defines a carer? 

Caring. 🤗

What a surprise, right? 


Which of these do you think is the most important skill (or trait)? 

I used to think it was empathy. I've changed my mind. 

Empathy can't be learned. If one wasn't born with it, it doesn't mean that they can't be carers. 

Young man caring for senior man with crouch
Image from Pixabay. 

Stay tuned for the next post. You'll love it. 

I hope. 

And because I don't want to disappoint, here is one of the creations I am most proud of. 

Porridge-with-raspberries-blueberries-smile

'Smile, without a reason why...' 

Thank you so much for your visit. 

Have you read any of my stories and liked them?
Why not support me by leaving a review on Goodreads and Amazon? 

📚

If you haven't read my books and are interested in doing so (English+Romanina), feel free to click on this link. It will take you to an external page (Amazon). 

The e-books in Romanian, signed with Cristina Gherghel (no longer Cristina G.), can be found here (Google Play)

Were you looking for my author blog? 

Credit pictures
Some are from Pixabay, and some others from PNGtree

In case you are feeling generous and would like to help an author help others, click here. 
It will take you to PayPal. 
No amount is too little. 
I thank you from the bottom of my heart. 

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome, except for the offensive, rude, negative and scam (or spam) ones.
Moderation is manual.
Thank you for your kindness.

Previous Post Next Post