Covid-19: Fully vaccinated, but still careful

I had both Covid-19 vaccines, therefore I am fully vaccinated now. 
Hurray! 

I have been vaccinated for 2, no, 3 months now, yet I did not stop being careful and following all the required rules to prevent getting ill. 

I still social-distance from people, wear face masks and gloves, disinfect everything thoroughly,  and wash my hands properly while singing 'Happy Birthday.' 

The UK government advised people to wash their hands with warm water and soap for at least 20 seconds. Scrub well the backs, in between each finger, and under the fingernails. 
Scrubbing should continue for at least 20 seconds, which happens to be the amount of time it takes to hum the “Happy Birthday” song twice

“Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear (name)
Happy Birthday to you.” 

and again

“Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear (name)
Happy Birthday to you.” 

Yes, that's how people in the UK have been encouraged to do, to make the process easier and fun. 
That's why I sing „Happy Birthday to me”, instead of someone else. 
Sometimes though, I do use names of my friends, family members or people I know that happen to celebrate their birthdays. 
Unfortunately, I seldom know the exact dates. 
I am terribly bad with dates. 
I do not like to fill my mind with numbers. 
I need my mind free of useless information, sharp, so I could act on my feet if something bad was to happen to the people I provide care to. 

Many complained that the song gets boring after a while, but I am not easily bored. 


Gloves-face mask-disinfectant


I am up-to-date with all my training. 
I, of course,  had my mandatory training in „Infection Prevention & Control”. 

I now have a need a thorough understanding of how infections spread and how I can stop them. 

Carers should think of others when they are tempted to break Covid restrictions. 

It is hard, sometimes even washing hands so many times a day gets overwhelming. 
I've been there, but I pushed myself to keep doing it. 
I use so much hand cream... 
I sleep with my hand in cotton gloves filled with cream. 
I must, otherwise my skin breaks and that's how you get infected. Besides, it's very painful. 
It's uncomfortable when the skin is dry. Very unpleasant feeling. 

I am up for prevention.  
Always doing my best to prevent bad things from happening to those I provide care to and everyone else I come in contact with. 

I know someone who always says: „If it's not broken, don't mend it.”

Instead, I say: „Prevent the break. It saves time, resources and pain.”

We are key workers, we have a duty of care. A duty to protect the vulnerable. 

They trust us to act in their best interest. 



Photo from Pixabay

3 Comments

All comments are welcome, except for the offensive, rude, negative and scam (or spam) ones.
Moderation is manual.
Thank you for your kindness.

  1. Hey what is the name of this template...?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey. Plate. I bought it from here: https://www.way2themes.com/2020/03/plate-blogger-template.html. It has some personal modifications, but it's a work in progress.

      Delete
  2. I was so very wrong, sorry. The template is called „foodify”.

    ReplyDelete
Previous Post Next Post