Porridge - The most versatile and nutritious breakfast

 Oh, porridge! 

Who hasn't heard of porridge?! 

The most versatile, healthy, nutritious, delicious, quickest, simplest - the adjectives could continue to the infinite - breakfast that exists on this Earth! 

But I am saying?! 

The most of the most of this Galaxy! No, Universe! Yes. That's more like it. 

Even God loves porridge. I know it for a fact. 

How?! 

I dreamed about it. Yes. It's a fact. 🤣🤣🤣

Porridge-with-fresh-figs-and-berries-colourful

Porridge is comfort food for me. 

Porridge-with-bananas-and-berries-beautifully-arranged

In 2 minutes one can have the most amazing breakfast ever. 

Porridge-with-bananas-and-berries-beautifully-arranged

I am Romanian, and I have never heard about porridge until I came to study English in Exeter. I was so stressed out and so frustrated every morning that I couldn't eat anything at all. I used to feel so sick and avoided breakfast at all costs. 

One morning, when I watched my host - my friend now - eating something that looked like pig food. 

Yeah. That's what I thought. You see, I fed pigs in my childhood, for I was born a farmer, and I fed them daily what my friend was eating that morning. 

Porridge-with-bananas-and-berries-beautifully-arranged

Curiosity

Did you know that porridge could also be salty? 
I bet you did know that, especially if you grew up with this fabulous breakfast. 
For those who don't know, simply add cheese, salami, sausages, bacon (cooked and portioned) etc. to it after or before you cook it. 

Porridge-with-bananas-beautifully-arranged

Porridge is one of the best meals you can serve to the elderly or ill. It doesn't need chewing and it's extremely healthy, tasty and nutritious. 

Simply add fresh fruits, honey, chocolate chips, dried fruits etc. to it to make it taste and look different every time. 
Prepare this to put a smile on the face of an elderly, ill, child and yours, of course. 
It can be served at any point in the day: breakfast, launch, or dinner. 

More super-fast, super delicious and super cheap meals, salty or sweet, - breakfast, lunch and dinner - in here (click), or search on this blog and my other recipe blog:

https://comfortfood4you.blogspot.com 

Thank you so much for your visit. 

Have you read any of my stories and liked them?
Why not support me by leaving a review on Goodreads and Amazon? 

📚

If you haven't read my books and are interested in doing so (English+Romanina), feel free to click on this link. It will take you to an external page (Amazon). 

The e-books in Romanian, signed with Cristina Gherghel (no longer Cristina G.), can be found here (Google Play)

Were you looking for my author blog? 

Credit pictures
Some are from Pixabay, and some others from PNGtree

In case you are feeling generous and would like to help an author help others, click here. 
It will take you to PayPal. 
No amount is too little. 
I thank you from the bottom of my heart. 

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome, except for the offensive, rude, negative and scam (or spam) ones.
Moderation is manual.
Thank you for your kindness.

Previous Post Next Post